Great Shelford is one of the most popular villages so close to the centre of Cambridge and has a wealth of facilities all walking distance from our property.
Old Pound Yard is in a private drive just on the High Street. The High Street is one of three roads forming a triangle at the very heart of the village and is where you will find both the village pubs. The other roads are Woollards Lane and Tunwells Lane.
All the following are a short walk from Old Pound Yard...
The High Street:
- The Plough, pub
- Square & Compasses, pub with good food and Sunday lunch
- Co-op supermarket
- Dry cleaners
- Blossom Health & Beauty Salon
- Lay Electrical retail & repairs, small electricals and accessories
- Barker Bros Butchers, award winning, high quality family firm.
- Local cafe opposite Coop
- Shelford Medical Practice (Ashen Green just off High Street)
- Estate Agents, Sherman Quincey, Tucker Gardiners and Haart
- Boots the Chemist
- Forum House Chinese Restaurant with takeaway
- Solutions Ladies Hairstylists (upstairs) & Neils Barbers (downstairs)
- Tesco Supermarket
- Arthur Rank Charity Shop
- Days of Ashwell - Bakery
- Cambridge Building Society
- Optician - Jackson Cox
- Great Shelford Libary with computer access
- Shelford Deli Bistro
- Shelford village hall with recreation ground, children's playground and tennis club
- Great Shelford Dental Surgery
- Davies Solicitors of Great Shelford
Also in the village:
- Great Shelford Station
- Zara, award winning Indian restaurant and takeaway
- Noel Young Wine Bar
All the places listed above are a short walk from the property. There are two free car parks in Woollards Lane - one behind the shops and the other by the village hall. There are also weekly WI markets in the Village Hall on Wednesday mornings and monthly farmers markets.
During early July every year the village hosts the Shelford Feast, a week long charity fundraising event with nightly concerts and family fairs and events on the final weekend. The village raises money each year to distribute to all the local clubs and societies.